Orthopedic devices have consistently dominated the biomaterial sales industry and are only expected to grow. Joint replacements alone topped $12 billion in sales in 2000, and have expanded exponentially since then. Orthopedic devices are used for many different things, such as reconstructive surgery, broken bones, and replacing knees, hips, etc. In this post, we will discuss the top five orthopedic implant devices that keep people active, healthy, and happy.
Five Most Popular Orthopedic Implant Devices and Their Uses
The following are the five most common implants that are used today by millions of people around the world:
- Orthopedic Nails: Coming in many different shapes and sizes, these devices are used to aid in the healing process of fractured bones. They are long metal rods that hold the bone together to help them regrow into the correct form.
- Orthopedic Wires: Wires, unlike nails, are easy to bend and manipulate, making it easier to use on smaller bones that have been fractured. They can be shaped into the correct form and, much like orthopedic nails, make sure the bone heals correctly.
- Knee Replacements: After medicine, physical therapy, and all sorts of other treatment options fail to help ease the pain, over 600,000 Americans get knee replacements per year. It is one of the most popular replacement surgeries and is expected to top 3 million by 2030.
- Spine Screws: These devices are used for many different styles for spine surgery and are used for holding rods in place along the spine, holding muscles and vertebrae together, and more. They aid in healing serious injuries and help people become active once again.
- Bone Staples: Though they may sound a bit frightening, bone staples are incredibly helpful devices. They are versatile and are inserted directly into the bone to aid in healing fractures or connecting soft tissue to bone. They are most commonly used in foot and ankle surgery.
All the above-mentioned medical implants are available in various types, however, the selection depends on various factors such as severity of the fracture, prices, etc. If you are looking for a reliable CNC machine services for your medical implants, you can consider Metal Craft and Riverside Machine & Engineering. The company has earned a great reputation in the medical device and implant industry. Contact us today for more information.